|Currently assigned as Programme Manager and Business Analyst for Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) in the Pharma industry.
Over 15 years’ experience as a digital oilfield application specialist, having been involved in the conceptualisation, design, development, deployment and life-cycle management of such applications since 1999.
Comprehensive experience conceptualising and developing real-time capabilities to effectively manage oil & gas field operations through translating business objectives into system design concepts, architecture design, project delivery and value realisation.
Broad domain expertise covering instrumentation, process control, upstream oil & gas production operations, production system modelling and systems integration.
Track record in successful delivery as technical lead and programme management roles (commercial and in-house).
Programme Manager & Business Analyst at GlaxoSmithKline (Ware, UK)
10/2015 – Present
· As a contract consultant embedded in the functional GMS IT organisation (MES systems), my remit has been to diagnose business process blockers, set up and deliver within a programme to increase user engagement and utilisation of a process data visualisation MES system supporting manufacturing in a highly regulated environment.
· Responsibilities: Developing prototypes as proof of concept, eliciting user & system requirements, configuration specifications, compliance requirements checklists, overview architecture, test plan, test cases, test case execution and field trial deployments (in-production deployment in progress).
· Have successfully launched, managed and produced deliverables for three Site-funded projects:
o Ware Respiratory Filling Lineside Visualisation
o Irvine Waste Water Treatment Plan Alerting System
o Batch Verification Reporting (HTML 5 technology)
Business Analyst at Eigen Ltd (Leatherhead, UK)
07/2015 – 10/2015
· Business Analyst for DWG subsea monitoring dashboards (BP Azerbaijan).
· Business Analyst on new Integrated Operations (IO) project for Greenfield development of Norway-based operator.
Technology Programme Manager (Eigen Ltd) assigned to BP (Field of the Future)
02/2012 – 06/2015
· Developed business cases for three new digital oilfield application proposals, including value generating scenarios and financial model (Q1 2015).
· Led a multi-disciplinary team from concept (Jan 2013) to development and deployment of an Operating Envelopes monitoring and investigation workflow application, deployed for three assets/two regions (Feb 2015).
· Led research into convenience of using fully compositional or black oil multiphase model as basis for corrosion rate estimation model.
· Engineering Consultant managing early life digital oilfield R&D projects, involving commercial applications and bespoke software developments, destined for global roll out.
· Managed five projects since Sep, 2012; from early conception through to the technology selection phase including technology option evaluations, workflow capture & validation, solution implementation lifecycle, support and sustainability, intellectual asset management and project execution plans.
· Managed a multidisciplinary technical team including process engineers, system architects and software developers; as well as end customer expectations; while actively participating in technical discussions and decisions.
· Particular focus on Process Safety and Efficiency applications and workflows.
Engineer Consultant (Eigen) assigned to KwIDF Project (Gaffney Cline Associates)
· As-Is assessment of existing production reporting and loss management processes and systems.
· To-Be workflow development for proposed Production Planning and Loss Management System.
· Commercial technology screening and evaluation.
· Editing selected sections of the final report covering requirements, workflows, dependencies, technology considerations and implementation scope (70-page report).
Upstream Consultant (Honeywell Advanced Solutions)
01/2011 – 08/2012
· Led development of a Coal Bed Methane well performance monitoring solution.
· Led the business consultancy sales process, resulting in the sale of a CBM well monitoring solution for a large coal bed methane field operator in Eastern Australia.
· Achieved sale of a Well Monitoring solution to a small operator in the North Sea.
· Business consultant for the development of upstream digital oilfield solutions for customers.
· Project Architect for real time system integration.
· Internal consulting globally for digital oilfield initiatives in Shale Gas, CBM and Conventional.
Solution Program Manager (Matrikon Europe Ltd.)
08/2007 – 12/2010
· Developed the Matrikon Well Performance Monitoring solution from scratch which achieved global average annual sales in the order of 1 m$. Recipient of the “Nizar J. Somji” Entrepreneur Award in 2008 for this achievement.
· Subject Matter Expert and Program lead for the development of oil and gas real-time production monitoring solutions from concept to field operation.
· Lead Engineer for digital oil field implementations for customer IOCs & NOCs, including Dubai Petroleum, Chevron, Ithaca & EnQuest.
Project Manager & Lead Engineer (Matrikon Europe Ltd.)
12/2005 – 08/2007
· Project Manager & Lead Engineer for project execution delivering automation systems and applications based on Matrikon’s ProcessNet, Process Monitor; OSISoft PI and Aspentech’s IP.21.
· Matrikon’s Control Performance Monitoring (CPM) implementations.
· Design and Implementation of Well Production Test data capturing/analysis applications.
IFM Team Lead (Petroleum Experts)
09/2003 – 08/2005
· Led the development of the concept of what today is Petex’s IFM solution.
· Responsible for the design and leadership of the first IFM software development team.
· Responsibilities included conceptualization, design, planning and coordination, functionality definition, user assistance and troubleshooting, design and test of prototypes, software testing and marketing.
|1999 – 2002 Applications Development and Implementation Superintendent (PDVSA)
1988 – 1998 Automation Projects Definition (FEL) Engineer (LAGOVEN)
|1995 University of Southern California, Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems.
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE). Linear Systems, Optimization Theory, Multivariable Control Theory, Robust Control, Queuing Theory, Networks. Tutor: Prof. Michael Safonov.
1988 Universidad Rafael Urdaneta (Maracaibo, Venezuela), Ingeniero Electricista (Electrical Engineer)
|1996 – 1997 Professor of the Optimal Control course in the postgraduate program of Automation and Industrial Control at the URBE University. Maracaibo, Venezuela.
1989 – 1990 Professor, Computer Engineering School at the Universidad Rafael Urdaneta. Maracaibo, Venezuela.
|Since 2001, Co-Author of a number of papers on implementations of field management systems within the context of digital oilfields in a number of forums. Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) published paper references are given here:
· SPE 67187-MS. “Economic Benefits From Automated Optimization of High Pressure Gas Usage in an Oil Production System”. C.J.N. McKie, Edinburgh Petroleum Services Ltd.; E.A. Rojas, N.M. Quintero, J.R. Chacon Fonseca, N.J. Perozo, Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA). 2001.
· SPE 126678-MS. “Virtual Flowrate Metering in Subsea Producers and Injectors Enables Integrated Field and Reservoir Management: Don Development Case Study“. Michele Loseto and Joel Chacon-Fonseca, SPE, Matrikon; A. Suat Bagci, SPE, Eclipse Petroleum Technology; and Russ Gilbert, SPE, Petrofac Energy Developments. 2010.
· SPE 126682-MS. “Enhanced Field Surveillance Through Real-Time Data Visualization in Dubai Offshore Field”. Fathi Shnaib, SPE, Dubai Petroleum; Manickam S. Nadar, SPE, Smart Zone Solutions; and Joel Chacon-Fonseca, SPE, Matrikon. 2010.
· SPE 144265-MS. “Fast Track Well Surveillance and Application Integration Ready for First Oil: The Frade Story”. David Honeycutt, Chevron Corp, Joel Chacon-Fonseca, Sujatha Kumar, and Andrew Nelson, Matrikon, Inc. 2011.
|Fluent Spanish and English|
|British and Venezuelan Citizen|
|· Family Development Foundation (FDF) board member and London Hub Coordinator (www.familydevelopment.org.uk)